For a gentleman who takes personal grooming seriously, there’s nothing quite like the feeling of stepping out of a barber’s chair with a fresh new haircut that’s styled to perfection and ready to impress. The problem is, however, if you’re not sure what kind of cut you want, you might not feel as confident after stepping out of the chair and back onto the street. To that end, we’re here to introduce you to a few styles you might not know about or ones that may have peaked your attention elsewhere.
Take a look at five choice men’s haircuts in Scottsdale, AZ and why you might be interested in these next time you stroll on into Who’s Next Barber Shop:
- The Caesar: Also called the “gentleman’s top shave,” a Caesar cut is short on the top, shorter on the sides and gently styled to maintain a kempt appearance. This cut is actually a variation on the buzz cut, which is popular among men who don’t want to have to worry about a rigorous hair care routine every day. One of the other many benefits of this cut is that it’s great during the summer months and can keep you feeling cool while you’re looking cool.
- Slicked back casual: Don’t confuse the name of this cut with the greaser movement of the 60s—the slicked back casual look is more of a gentle homage. This haircut generally has a part to one side, with the bulk of the hair pushed over the head and back. The sides remain shorter while the top stays a bit longer. This cut can be styled with a simple amount of gel and works great if you have other facial hair such as a mustache or beard.
- Short back and sides: If you’re invested in more of a unique style that’s attention grabbing, yet clean-cut and appealing all the same, having your hair style short on the sides and in the back is a great option. For this cut, hair on top remains longer and is often styled forward to quaff outwards—it’s not a Mohawk by any means, but it’s definitely something with a bit more spunk!
- Undercuts and fades: New to 2015 and still developing in various forms, the undercut is something unique that can fit the styles of many men if done right. Undercuts involve buzzing hair above the ears and around the back, while letting sideburns and top-of-the-head hair grow longer and flow down. Words don’t do these cuts justice, simply because they can be styled in a myriad of ways and when a proper fade is incorporated, it can take these unique men’s haircuts in Scottsdale, AZ to a whole new level.
- The taper: The taper cut is something you’ll be seeing a lot more of in 2015 and for good reason: it’s a fantastic cut that has tremendous results. This cut simply involves fading a full head of hair into a buzz as you go down, so that there’s a perfect taper in hair length from the top of your head to your sideburns. When done correctly it’s a seamless cut that’s easy to maintain and great to style.